For my 24th birthday this year, I let myself indulge in some beauty shopping. I don’t go shopping that much for this kind of stuff, so it was certainly a treat.
Most of this is skincare and body products, but there is a little bit of makeup too! I was so pleased with what I picked up for these lovely summer months.
- Glossier Lidstar (In the colors Fawn, Cub, Slip, and Moon)
- Bath & Body Works Love & Sunshine Shower Gel
- Skinfood Egg White Pore Foam
- TonyMoly Peach Cleansing Water
- Side note, I used this for the first time last night and took off my makeup twice with it, and it was divine. So far, loving how it performs and how it smells!
- SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Bath Sugar Cubes
I picked up some things that aren’t usually in my beauty routine, just to try something different. This included some cooling mist and face masks from brands that I hadn’t tried yet.
I have yet to actually use the beauty things because the past few days have been so crazy, but I know that soon, my skin will be thanking me. A few things that I was using had been irritating my skin, so working with new products might be the best bet for me right now. I noticed a lot of breakouts, and I’m looking forward to using new beauty items that are full of natural materials. It made me feel so good to do this for myself, as it had been a long time since I’d splurged. I can’t wait to get started with them!
- Little Barn Apothecary Coconut + Pear Refreshing Mineral Mist
- TonyMoly Strawberry Nose Pack
- This is one of the things that I’m most excited for. The face masks that I’m used to are ones that I buy and use little by little from a tube. These kind are so fun, and I had been eyeing the TonyMoly ones for so long! The packaging is adorable, and it makes me incredibly excited for summer. Just look at those colors! It’s been awhile since I used a face mask that focused on blackheads, so we will see how it goes.
Well, that was a very successful haul, I must say! It took me a few days to get this going because there was so much going on in life lately. My birthday was a fantastic one, with tea and picnics and cupcakes and gifts. I feel so lucky for everyone in my life that I didn’t need a single thing, but I still appreciated everything so much. These beauty items were truly just the icing on the cake.
Here’s a quote I’ve been thinking about lately as inspiration:
“I’m going to make everything around me
beautiful – that will be my life.”
-Elsie de Wolfe